In an increasingly complex and interconnected world, Asia plays a crucial global role. Would you be excited at the prospect of employing your knowledge and skills to improve lives, expand opportunities, and help societies flourish across this dynamic region?
You could have this opportunity at The Asia Foundation. Founded in 1954, The Asia Foundation is a nonprofit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Together with our partners, we are committed to Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world. Headquartered in San Francisco, The Asia Foundation works through a network of offices in 18 Asian countries and in Washington, D.C.
The Asia Foundation began programming in China in 1979 and opened a resident country office in Beijing in 1994. On June 30, 2017, the Foundation received the certificate for Beijing Representative Office issued by the Beijing Public Security Bureau. In the past four decades, the Foundation has been working with local partners and is committed to a thriving China, to advancing shared goals of expanded opportunity, and to enduring cooperation within Asia and the world.
WHY WORK AT THE ASIA FOUNDATION
At a critical moment in history, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development, stability, and growth of the Asia region.
You will help promote a more constructive engagement between government and citizens and advance learning and awareness about The Asia Foundation. You will work with and learn from dedicated, smart, and accomplished colleagues and local partners, and, in the process, improve your skills and expertise.
The Asia Foundation Beijing Representative Office is seeking a Chinese national to fill a Finance and Grants Associate position. The Finance and Grants Associate (FGA) reports to the Finance and Grants Manager (FGM) in China and work with FGM to support and maintain contact with the Foundation’s headquarter office, China office staff, donors, sub-recipients, consultants, etc. on Finance and Grants issues.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- As the cashier in Beijing Office, conduct day to day financial operations (cash receipts, disbursements, financial vouchers);Process office routine payments and project payment; Review payment requests and supporting documents including commercial and donation receipt and internal documents against policy; Submit fund request and settle installment in timely manner.
- Develop and analyze regular Spending Projections for projects in coordination with program staff; and alert program staff and management of any issues related to project budget.
- Coordinate with program staff and TAF headquarters to prepare financial reports to donors.
- Develop cost proposals in coordination with program staff and TAF headquarters.
- Review and provide feedback on sub-award and consultant agreements, provide advice on the terms and standard provisions of donor award and other special requirements.
- Provide information to TAF headquarters as requested.
- Manage proper documentation of hard copy and E- copy financial and grants files including but not limited to transactions, due diligence records, donor reports and etc.; Upload required documents to TAF system.
- Assist FGM with due diligence assessments on grantees.
- Assist FGM with financial operations and program finance operations in accordance with the rules and policies of TAF and its donors.
- Assist FGM with periodic audits of sub-award recipients.
- Assist with annual external / internal audit.
- Must be a team player as well as a self-starter.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, financial management, accounting or a related field.
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience in finance and accounting.
- Preferably in an international organization or business.
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills with ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Fluency in both written and spoken Chinese and English.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- A good command of Excel and accounting software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (including, but not limited to Word, PowerPoint).
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, detailed resume, at least one writing sample and names of references, all in English, to [email protected].
Application deadline: 5:30pm Beijing time, Tuesday, June 19, 2020
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Asia Foundation offers competitive benefits and salary commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of different gender identities and ethnicities are equally encouraged to apply.
For additional information about The Asia Foundation and its Beijing Representative Office, please visit our website at: https://asiafoundation.org/ & https://china.asiafoundation.org/