Position Vacancy Announcement
Project Finance Associate
In an increasingly complex and interconnected world, Asia plays a crucial global role. Would you be excited at the prospect of employing your knowledge and skills to improve lives, expand opportunities, and help societies flourish across this dynamic region?
You could have this opportunity at The Asia Foundation (TAF). Founded in 1954, The Asia Foundation is a nonprofit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Together with our partners, we are committed to Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world. Headquartered in San Francisco, The Asia Foundation works through a network of offices in 18 Asian countries and in Washington, D.C.
The Foundation began programming in China in 1979 and opened a resident country office in Beijing in 1994. On June 30, 2017, the Foundation received the certificate for Beijing Representative Office issued by the Beijing Public Security Bureau. In the past four decades, the Foundation has been working with local partners and is committed to a thriving China, to advancing shared goals of expanded opportunity, and to enduring cooperation within Asia and the world.
Why work at The Asia Foundation?
At a critical moment in history, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development, stability, and growth of the Asia region. You will help promote a more constructive engagement between government and citizens and advance learning and awareness about The Asia Foundation. You will work with and learn from dedicated, smart, and accomplished colleagues and local partners, and, in the process, improve your skills and expertise.
The Asia Foundation Beijing Representative Office is seeking a Chinese national to fill a Project Finance Associate position. The Project Finance Associate (PFA) reports to the Chief of Party (COP) under one of our projects which is expected to run till August 2023. The PFA will work closely with the COP and other project staff. He/She will support and maintain contact with the Foundation’s headquarters, China office staff, TAF Mekong country office staff, donors, sub-recipients, consultants, etc. on issues related to finance and grants.
- Initiate, review, and provide advice to the Chief of Party and program staff on all aspects of the project related to finance and grants.
- Be familiar with and be able to review finance- and grants-related documents in accordance with Asia Foundation and donor requirements.
- Prepare and review budgets, RFPs, expense reports and other finance- and grant-related documents.
- Develop and analyze regular spending projections for the project in coordination with program staff across field offices; and alert program staff and COP of any issues related to project budget.
- Develop, review and provide feedback on sub-award and consultant agreements, ensuring that TAF is in full compliance with donor and other special requirements.
- Conduct due diligence assessments on sub-grantees.
- Provide advice and other forms of finance- and grants-related assistance to sub-grantees and project partners.
- Coordinate with other TAF offices to verify transactions related to the project and notify the China Finance team of any JV adjustments.
- Manage proper documentation of all transactions and maintenance of financial files (including all supporting documents); upload required documents to TAF system.
- Maintain database of subgrantees, consultants and contractors under the project.
- Work with program staff and COP to prepare quarterly accruals to donor.
- Work with COP to verify monthly financial reports from partners.
- Develop cost proposals in coordination with program staff and TAF headquarters.
- Provide information to TAF headquarters as requested.
- Assist COP and other project staff with periodic audits of sub-award recipients.
- Assist with annual external/internal audit.
- Assist with project related administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, financial management, accounting or a related field
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience in finance and accounting, preferably in an international organization or business
- Experience with non-profit project management preferred
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills with ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Fluency in both written and spoken Chinese and English.
- Must be a team player as well as a self-starter.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- A good command of Excel and accounting software.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, detailed resume, and names of references, all in English, to [email protected]. Application deadline: 5:30pm Beijing time, Sunday, September 8, 2019. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Asia Foundation offers competitive benefits and salary commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of different gender identities and ethnicities are equally encouraged to apply.